menu (open / close)

Sheltered Housing

Sheltered Housing

What is Sheltered Housing?

Sheltered housing is a form of housing designed for elderly people that comprises of a group of dwellings with the benefit of a Scheme Manager and an alarm system that provides 24 hour emergency cover .

Most developments also provide communal areas such as a Communal lounge, laundry facilities and a guest bedroom.

Sheltered Housing is for fit independent elderly residents, who need the added security of knowing help is at hand if needed.

Why Choose Sheltered Housing?

Sheltered housing may appeal to you if you want to live independently, in a smaller and easier to manage home. Sheltered housing also provides the security of having someone to call on if there is an emergency. Sheltered housing differs from other types of housing because of the presence of a Scheme Manager who lives nearby. MTHA’s sheltered housing scheme – Kevin Ryan Court provides a 24 hour emergency . assistance through an alarm system which is linked to central control at the local authority. Sheltered housing is like having your own home, you can still have your friends and family to visit.

There is also an opportunity to meet new people and join in the activities that go on in and around the scheme.

Kevin Ryan Court Communal garden


About Kevin Ryan Court

Kevin Ryan Court consist of 42 self contained flats and is located in the Georgetown area of Merthyr Tydfil, which is within close proximity to the town centre. Kevin Ryan Court offers a communal lounge, kitchen , laundry facility; hairdressing salon an IT suite and enclosed gardens and car parking. Many of the daily activities take place within the communal lounge. A warm welcome is extended for everyone to join in the friendly atmosphere. Residents at Kevin Ryan Court have also established their own tenants group.  This provides tenants with an opportunity to voice any concerns and have a greater influence into how Merthyr Tydfil Housing Association operates. The group has also been very successful in securing funding for social activities

How to Apply

If you are over 50 you can register your interest by filling out an application form. You can request a form by phone, email or calling into the Local Council offices.

If you find it difficult to complete the form, a member of staff will be happy to help you.

Please click on the link to view leaflet –

Contact Us at,

Merthyr Tydfil Housing Association

11/12 Lower High Street

Merthyr Tydfil

CF47 8EB

Tel: 01685 352800

Fax: 01685 352801

What You Think?

Please tell us what you think of our new website and if there is anything you would like to see which is not currently available