Merthyr Tydfil Housing Association
Merthyr Tydfil Housing Association provides homes exclusively for people wishing to live in Merthyr Tydfil. Our local roots and knowledge means that we provide tenants and residents of the borough with a service that is second to none. Our trustworthy reputation means that we are the popular choice for social housing in Merthyr, but as you will see from this site, we also provide more for our tenants.
Mission and Purpose
Our vision is to be recognised as the best provider of housing and housing services within the County Borough of Merthyr Tydfil, creating and sustaining environments and communities where people want to live.
To provide the people of Merthyr Tydfil with an excellent housing service at an affordable price. To work in partnership and to reinvest surpluses back into our community to:
- Give people opportunities to grow;
- To provide housing;
- To improve the built environment
Our behaviour shows what we value – our values are how we behave towards our customers, our colleagues, our partners and our work.
We believe that it is important to be:
What we value:
- Our customers
- Our community
- Our staff
- Our partners
Our Commitment is to:
- Our Customers and communities – Everything we do is for the people of Merthyr.
- Our Partners – We bring people together to build better communities. We will learn from and plan and deliver services with other individuals, groups and organisations.
- Provide equal opportunities – the Association values diversity and encourages opportunities for everyone.
- Work effectively – the association will be results focused ensuring that it is occupied doing the right things and doing them effectively.
- Encourage Participation– customers/tenants will be able to influence the content, quality and cost of the services we provide. We will listen and respond. We will offer opportunities for them to be as involved as they wish to be in the running of the association.
- Be accountable – We will be accountable for all of our activities to customers/tenants, funders, supporters, partners and local communities.
- Embrace Innovation – the association will work in a forward thinking manner, constantly striving to identify innovative solutions to the challenges and opportunities that present themselves.
- Be Committed and energetic – the association will be a committed, energetic and enthusiastic landlord, employer and partner.
- Our Team – Our people are who we are, we value and support each other. We will create and sustain a culture/working environment the seeks to support and improve the health and well being of staff and volunteers.