Supported Housing2018-04-13T15:23:15+01:00

Supported Housing

MTHA works with Voluntary organisations like Adref, Barnardos, Drive, Gofal, LLamau, Womens Floating Support, Teulu and statutory organisations like Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council and the Health Authority to meet the needs of people with specialist housing and support requirements. Support is provided to people in their own home or in a scheme, for example, a hostel or a ‘shared house’.

We currently provide support to:  – people who have experienced domestic violence;  – people with mental health problems; – people with learning disabilities; – young single homeless people (16 – 25 years old); – people who are at risk of homelessness or have been homeless (18 – 64) – people with substance missuse problems; – people who have a history of offending behaviour; – people with physical disabilities
If you are or know someone who might benefit from specialist housing services, please contact our Supported Housing Officer – Lianne Farmer on 01685 352838

Adaptations to your home

If you are frail or elderly and finding it hard to get around your home or use your bath facilities, the association may be able to make things easier.

Wherever possible the association will strive to provide a service that enables you to live independently and as comfortable as possible in your own home.

In order to do this Merthyr Tydfil Housing Association work closely with a company called Steddy Ltd, who are private occupational therapists dealing with referrals for aids and adaptations to homes.

If you have any medical issues or mobility issues and feel you would benefit from an occupational therapist assessment, please contact Lianne Farmer or speak to our reception staff.

On receipt of any interest in requiring an assessment, a home visit will be arranged with the Specialist Housing Officer to ensure that all medical issues are recorded correctly for the referral process.

The occupational therapist will then contact you to arrange a convenient date and time for an assessment to take place within your own home. If a need for adaptations is identified, the occupational therapist will forward a full report of recommendations to the association, who will then apply to the Welsh Assembly Government for a Physical Adaptation Grant.

The whole process can take up to 6 months before approval adaptations is received.

If you need any further assistance with regards to this process, please contact Lianne Farmer on 01685 352838 or e-mail me at

In this section

Telephone our freephone repairs helpline 0800 7314 293 (24 hours) or Mobile phone users – 0330 123 9015

Latest News

New Properties for Summer

As June welcomes the summer, at MTHA we have welcomed eight new homes into our housing stock. Working with Weston Contractors South Wales Ltd, we have welcomed six 1 bedroom flats and two 2 bedroom [...]

Go to Top